Being in DMAT =
almost no textbook, however a Hard Disk or a Thumb Drive is more important than a textbook!
All our informations, personal stuffs, assignments and ... ... are squeezed into that one little container. Hard disk has become an important part of our life! Once gone, without backup = hard work gone.
I came close to loosing it last Friday!! Despite having saved my files few days ago in another hard disk, loosing a hard disk means loosing $200 and other unsaved information in it!
There are many cases of hard disk and thumb drive lost in SP recently =S
its so scary!I was helping Serene for her REMT assignment at studio B on Friday, we had a booking until 8pm however a lecturer shooed us out... (all for hi s 'teaching' purpose although we had already booked the studio weeks ago!!) Anw, I can't seemed to get the output linked to the earphone on the recording studio (the format seemed to have changed=S). So I've decided to transfer some songs into my new MP4 player=DI've plugged my hard disk at the back of the monitor...hidden from the scene.When the lecturer came in again, we had to move out of the studio, I've ejected all my devices, packed all my stuffs back into the bag, ALL but my hard disk!!
I didn't remember it till late at night, when I needed my hard disk for my assignments!!@@
'S***T! How can i forget about my hard disk!!!'
well, at least this time I could remember where I left it=S
'I really hope that s****d lecturer and his bunch of noisy students never see that hidden hard disk T_T
-----------------------
Comtech don't open during weekend, I could only wait till Monday and be the first to be there...
I did went to school a little earlier on Monday. Thank goodness the studios aren't open yet, which gives me a higher chance of getting my hard disk back!
I asked the comtech ppl if they saw my hard disk (unfortunately, NO)
I brought them to open the studio for me, as I stepped into the pitch dark room, peeped behide the television sized monitor screen,
...there, I see my long lost hard disk! Lying there all by itself. Alone, throughout the weekend...in the cold & dark studio...
'Aww, my poor little hard disk. I'm never gonna leave you alone again, I'll remember you and take you back home save and sound, everytime I bring you out. Please don't leave me again! I can't bear another departion from you....T.T'
I've learnt my lesson to back up all my files whenever I have something new that needs to be saved.
Its only when you've some so close to loosing it, you'll realise it's importance and learn to treasure.